Tuesday

Beforever Rant

Hey!! I know you guys probably weren't expecting to hear from me for a while, but I had to post...my AG catalog just came in the mail.
What is up with Beforever???!!!
I mean seriously, they made the historicals all baby faced with bright cheery colors, and they're completely disrespecting their stories. SAMANTHA DOES NOT WEAR PINK!!!
But the funny thing is, the My American Girls look older. Like I'm talking 13 here. They look like they have perfectly styled hair, are wearing makeup and have designer super trendy clothes. Isabelle (I count her in withs the MAGs because she's from this time) even has a makeup set.
The historicals look like 8 year olds. It's disgusting. Like sure, they've got some cute pieces. I love Sam's holiday set, but the meet outfits look like something a 7yr old would wear. They don't look historically accurate, and they aren't following the books at all.
The historicals were always my favorite part, but now...the MAGs have seriously over-run them. The MAGs look more like me. They still have a bit of a baby face, but overall with the trendy clothes, perfect hair, etc. they come off looking 12-13ish.
Why are you doing this to us AG? What happened to "letting your inner star shine"? I gotta admit, I always hated that slogan but it had a point Don't be like everyone else. Now they've got these uber trendy perfect dolls that channel Barbie, and these baby-faced color-dipped dolls that channel Baby Alive. The new historicals look almost like Bitty Twins to me. I'm so disappointed AG.
And of course, AG still has their insane prices. Some things never change *sigh*
There had better be a good GOTY to make up for this....Beforever was NOT a good idea.

 photo rect3200_zpsdb5dedfa.png

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, BeForever was a big change. However, I don't exactly agree that the historicals look younger. (This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to argue or anything, just share mine;) I know everyone's in a frenzy with Samantha being pink, but now, only she and Caroline are in pink for their meet outfits. AG has to have some pink for their eight-year-old target age.

    Though I do think they should've stuck with the stories a little better. Samantha's bike is supposed to be blue (I think, I haven't read her stories in a while;), yet they made it pink. And Kit's supposed to HATE pink, so they got that right with her meet outfit, but her new birthday outfit is bordering on too "flouncy" for her (yes, I know it's more red).

    I do like BeForever, though. I'm interested to see what they do with the line as it progresses.

    Have a great day!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)
      Yes, Sam's bike was blue.
      I like some parts of it...a few parts are just too out there for me I guess xD
      You have a great day too! :D

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I don't know exactly where I stand on this, but, I agree that the MAG'S look super modern and pretty old :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even looked at them, lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for commenting, always remember to be polite to others, never swear, please don't talk too much about religion, don't make fun of people, don't give out any personal information, please don't talk in caps, think before you speak, and HAVE FUN!!!!!! Also please keep the conversation turned to whats in my posts unless you have a question. And what I mean is don't have a personal conversation with someone else, any bad or mean comments will be immediantly deleted,. Thank you and have a great day!!!